General & Comparative Physiology
There will be three hour exams and a cumulative final examination. Approximately one half of the final will count as the fourth hour exam and the remainder will cover the entire course. Since the final exam covers material representing the breadth of the course, an excellent performance on the final can boost a student's grade higher than the raw score would dictate. On the other hand, an excessively poor performance on the final exam could cause a student's final grade to be lower than the raw score would dictate. The grades will be weighted as follows.
|Final Exam (Cumulative)||23|
The grading scale will be approximately as follows:
A = 85 - 100 %
B = 75 - 84%
C = 65 - 74%
D = 60 - 64%
F = <60%
- Students who miss an examination for a valid and documented reason must report to Dr. Burnett as soon as possible.
- All medical or family emergencies must be documented in writing and approved by the Dean of Undergraduate Studies.
- Make-up exams must be taken as soon as possible and will be scheduled by Dr. Burnett.
- The possession of a ticket for airfare that is nonrefundable or unchangeable on or before an exam date is not a valid reason for missing an examination – no matter who purchased the ticket. It is suggested that you notify your parents of this policy as soon as possible.
- Students who do not comply with this policy will receive a grade of zero percent on the missed exam.